The "Big Red Truck"

The "Big Red Truck"

Thursday, August 16, 2007

SP 11

Yay....Shelby is having an contest and so I am going to post the answers to the questions that she asked here like she asked us to do.

1. What is the one knitting accessory you could not live without?

I couldn’t live without my Knit Picks Options. They are pretty much the only needles that I use for everything. I have decided that there is nothing you can’t knit on circular needles.

2. If you're heading on vacation, do you take knitting with you?

I do take knitting with me. If so, how much and what type of project? I usually take whichever projects I have going in my knitting bag. Because I use a tote for my knitting bag, I usually have 2 or three projects going in it and then the yarn for a pair of socks or two.

3. Where have you traveled to that you'd consider your favorite spot?

Because of the lifestyle that we have, I travel all the time. Some of my favorite places would be Yellowstone/Tetons National Parks, the mountain that my folks live on, and then the whole western part of Montana.

4. What is your favorite knitting book at the moment? Do you own it?

Right now my favorite book is not a knitting book, but a spinning book called In Sheep’s Clothing, A guide to Hand Spinning and I like it because it’s giving me an understanding of the different properties of the different breeds of sheep and their wool. It’s telling me the different length of fibers and the softness and such. I do own it, I bought it at the Interweave Hurt Book Sale. I also love Big Girl Knits. The beginning of the book is a wonderful lesson on styles for different shapes and sizes and the patterns, while I don’t like all of them, are wonderful and there are several that I would like to knit.

5. Do you listen to podcasts? I do listen to podcasts. Which is your favorite(s)? I listen to Lime n Violet, Stash and Burn, but I would have to say that my favorite is Knit Picks Podcast. It is very professional and gives a lot of information.

I'm going to have to go read some of the other blogs to see what other people answer to the questions. I would be interested to see what other people do on vacation and where they call their favorite places.

Hopefully, this afternoon or evening, I will be able to take some pictures of the stash enhancement that I acquired when we went home. I got some lovely yarn and stitch markers and a row counter bracelet that I think is just the neatest thing. I don't know why I didn't get one of those earlier.

No comments: