The "Big Red Truck"

The "Big Red Truck"

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Crossing the frozen North Country

We are on our way to the Seattle area, and we are now crossing Minnesota. It is soooooo cold here that it makes you not want to get out of the truck. I guess, having been on the unseasonably warm East Coast for the last month +, this cold weather is kicking my bum.

I finished my Sis's scarf the other day, and I will try to post a picture of it in the next day or so. It was made from Moda Dea. I don't like working with that because the metallic thread that runs through it makes my fingers sore. I have 2 and a half skeins left, so will have to do something with it, or else find a swap to trade with someone for something else.

I have now started another scarf, this one for my DS. It's made with Lion Brand Woolease. I am kind of making up a pattern as I go and it's turning out rather well, if I do say so myself. I decided that since I had done the cables of the dishcloth for the KAL, I could do a cable on his scarf. I got out my Stitch and Bitch book and looked up how to do cables that turned back like they are supposed to and I am making a scarf that is 44 stiches wide that has 2 2x2 ribs on the outside (8 stitches) and then has 6 stitches on each side of the cable that are purled. It's purty!

When we came up in the real cold, my husband, who has become the stash limiting nazi, decided that he needed a new scarf. I had crocheted him one last year and it is just horrible. It looks kind of like a huge bow tie made from Lion Brand homespun. Anywho, it got taken off the truck and now he wants one that is decent. I told him I could use the wool ease that I had on the truck and knit him one, but he asked about the fiber content, and decided that anything with that much acrylic wasn't going to touch his neck, oh no. Sooo, we went to knit picks and he chose some of their gloss in a dark brown for a scarf for him, and not only did I get to buy enough for a scarf for him, but he wants matching socks. I also got to buy enough gloss for a pair of socks for myself and some of their dancing self patterning for myself. I also got some more of their knitpicks dpn's for knitting up this wonderful yarn.

I haven't done any knitting today...at least as of yet. I really want to start on a pair of socks, but I'm skeered or intimidated or something. I am going to buckle down and just do it. I have a couple of patterns to try and it's just a matter of printing one out and going to town.

Pictures of the OTN projects and the finished stuff should be coming shortly. I'm sure that will make my blog far less boring than it is now. I know that it's kind of bland, but it is only my second attempt at one and I am learning.

Have a wonderful night and stay cozy and warm.


No comments: