The "Big Red Truck"

The "Big Red Truck"

Saturday, December 15, 2007

I've mostly Moved

If you are looking for the most recent posts for my blog, you will have to go to www.kenworthknitter.wordpress.com. I have been using it for a couple of weeks and really like it. I finally figured out how to post the buttons from this blog over there and I have moved the ones that I wanted to move, but didn't move all of them.

I have a rant...if you don't want to read it, skip it.

I kept this one going, and will probably continue to do so for a while, because I was involved in SP11, but since that is over and my upstream pal, due to family troubles, flaked on me, I don't have to keep it going any more. I would have been okay with it, if she had in some way kept in contact with me, but she didn't. I contacted my moderator and she assured me that my pal would be in contact, but she never has. I haven't gotten an email from her since the middle of November and then nothing. I am extremely disappointed and angry that she couldn't even be bothered to email me occasionally or comment on my blog, but she has been on Ravelry!
I know that there are people that flake in these things, but I expected better from my upstream pal. Unrealistic, I know, but still, I was ever hopeful that she would come through or at least offer some kind of explanation or comment.

Rant over...I am going to leave it at that. I've said my piece and if it makes any difference, it's made me feel better.

Edited to add: I contacted my pal and I think that it was resolved to my satisfaction, I don't know if to hers or not. I need to publicly apologize to her because she is going through something very tough and I was maybe a bit impatient and needed to cut her a bit more slack. I still believe that communication would have solved a lot of the problems, but it's now water under the bridge and I'll follow my DH's advice and just leave it.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh Lynda, I don't blame you for venting. Flaking happens quite a lot in the swap groups. We all have times when it isn't possible to honour promises. But we should not be ignorant of the feelings of intended recipient.
hope 2008 is better
take care
Enid
(shawem@hotmail.co.uk)