The "Big Red Truck"

The "Big Red Truck"

Monday, August 6, 2007

Secret Pal 11

So I am a joiner. I joined SP11 because I had such a good time with SP10 and had such good swap partners and enjoyed spoiling and being spoiled by them. So here is the questionnaire for this round:

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I am a natural fiber kind of girl. I like to knit with wool, super wash wool, cotton (for dishcloths), silk (of course) and other natural fibers. I do like some of the bamboo yarns.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I use the Knit Picks options set and I store them in the case they came in, although I do have a needle case waiting for me at home.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been knitting off and on for about 30 years, probably more off than on, but I have an intermediate skill level and am not afraid to try anything but color work, thanks to the sock groups I belong to.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I do. It can be found under lyndahitt@earthlink.net

5. What's your favorite scent?
I love the scents of lavender and vanilla, although my favorite cologne is Inis, an Irish perfume that is very clean and crisp with overtones of citrus.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Is there anything but chocolate? Or caramel? Or the two together, especially dark chocolate and caramel.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I have three spindles and try to spin with them when I can. I need to keep one out to use while we drive down the road.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I listen to all kinds of music. We have XM and listen to country, the decades (up to 60’s anyway), Celtic, folk, etc. I’m not big into hard rock or rap (that’s not music).

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love earthly colors. I’m not wild about orange.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I am happily married with one child still at home and we have a dog.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I do wear scarves, hats and mittens, but have never understood ponchos.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I spend and inordinate amount of time knitting socks, I’m just not really speedy. I like to knit things for other people.

13. What are you knitting right now?
I am working on two pair of socks, two dishcloths/facecloths and a tank for my sister.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Sure I do!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I almost exclusively use Knit Picks options. I love the slickness of them and that they are circular. I own some straight needles, but they are packed away in my stash box. I have found that I can do anything on circulars that I can do on straights, but not vice versa.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I have a store bought yarn winder and my DH and father built me a wonderful yarn swift.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
My oldest UFO is about 9 months old and is a scarf for ds that is being knit out of Lion brand. It’s too hot to knit on it right now, although I do need to finish it before winter.

18. What is your favorite holiday?
I love most holidays.

19. Is there anything that you collect?
I collect 19th century ephemera, the items of everyday living, especially yellow ware, ironstone, crocks (Red Wing, most especially), Carte de’Viste photographs of children and women from the mid 19th century and kitchen stuff. Of course, I do collect yarn, at least that’s what my DH says.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?
I would like any of Nicky Epstein’s “On the Edge” books, Cables Untangled or any of Elizabeth Zimmermann’s books that I don’t own, especially the Opinionated Knitter. I would like to have a stitch dictionary or three at some point.

What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I have a subscription to Interweave Knits.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
At some point I want to learn to do color work and to knit intarsia, just not yet.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I am a sock knitter and wear size 8 women’s shoes

23. When is your birthday?
July 8th

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
I am on Ravelry and my username is lyndahitt. I know, really original.


At least now I will be able to put this where my pal can find it when I am assigned a pal. I think that I can mark it so that it shows up in the side bar and I don't have to keep pushing it to the top.


No comments: