The "Big Red Truck"

The "Big Red Truck"

Saturday, March 3, 2007

March 3rd

I can't believe that it is March 3rd already and I haven't posted in a while. We left Seattle the other day and have had a wild ride for the last few days. First we broke down in Missoula, MT and spent the better part of a day sitting in the Caterpillar Truck engine repair building. We got that fixed, went to the truck stop for the night and then headed out across Montana. We got to Broadus, MT where it snowed on us and was soooooo cold. Then the next morning we made off across South Dakota in horrible blowing snow, cold, cold temps and icy roads. We got to the scales and were told that most of the state was closed on I-90, so we should go to Rapid City, SD and sit it out in the truck stop. That was yesterday morning about 10 am and here we sit. We thought we might get out today, and DH called the port of entry to get the paper work extended so that we could go and they changed their mind and said that we couldn't go. The roads are still closed to over sized loads and until the state police say so, we have to sit. Not only that, it sounds like Minnesota still has a lot of road closures or at least "difficult travel conditions" (as quoted from the 511 road report system) which means that we can't move.

On the knitting front....I have finished the socks for DH. They turned out very nice and I have cast on for the socks for the Six Socks KAL. It is an interesting sock and I think that I will have fun knitting it. I also have finished the mid month Dishcloth the the Dishcloth KAL and started the one for the first of this month. I have the yarn separated and in my project bag for socks for my DS and I will probably start them in the next couple of days.

I will post some pictures when we get out of South Dakota and I am not on the T-mobile hotspot in the Borders in Rapid City.

No comments: