The "Big Red Truck"

The "Big Red Truck"

Friday, January 19, 2007

First Post to this Blog

Hi,
I am going to use this blog to keep track of the items that I knit while on "The Truck". My husband and I own and operate our own trucking business and I am with him on the road all of the time. I don't drive, and I need something to do while sitting in the passenger seat, and knitting, reading, crocheting and websurfing are the things that I do while we go down the road.

I am very fortunate in the fact that my dh is a wonderful man and has no problem with my hobbies and even though I take up some of the very limited space in our little world, he is very supportive. He also takes me to places that have really cool yarn shops, like Bozeman, MT and Durango, CO.

Right now I have a scarf for my sister, a blanket for my ds, and a dishcloth in progress. I also am itching to try my hand at handknit socks...my dh wants a pair and has agreed to be the guinea pig on my sock trials. I found a really cool sock tutorial last night as I was surfing the web and have decided that she made it seem not nearly as intimidating as I was imagining, so I am game.

I have a very small stash here on the truck, and most of that is cotton yarn for discloths. I started do those because my mother really wanted some, so I bought the "stuff" and started making some just after Thanksgiving. By Christmas I had made 6 of them and ended up giving 3 to my mom and 3 to my sister. They both love them!!!

When I started to knit again, after a hiatus of about 15 years, the first thing I did was to go online to find patterns and ended up finding the yahoo groups for Monthly discloth knit-a-longs, sock knitters, sock knit-a-longs and sock yarn sales. I should be set for a while.

No comments: